Create a Subdomain
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Click the Domains tab at the top of your account.
- Click On Subdomains on the submenu.
- Enter the desired subdomain
- Choose one of your Domain Names from the drop-down list
- Enter the Document Root, this is the folder that contains the website you want to show.
Create New Database
- Log into your cPanel account.
- Click the MySQL Databases icon under the “Databases” category.
- In the New Database field, type a name for the database.
- Click Create Database.
- Click Go Back. The new database will appear in the Current Databases table.
- Assign User to database
Create FTP Access
- Access the FTP Manager
- Login to your cPanel
- In cPanel “File Management” section click on “FTP Manager”
- Create a new FTP account
- Under the “ADD FTP Account” section enter a Username
- Enter the password you would like to use into the “Password” and “Password (Again)” boxes
- Choose the directory you would like the FTP account to have access to.
- Select a Quota. You can choose unlimited or enforce a maximum size for this FTP account
- Click the “Create FTP Account” button.
Manual WordPress Install
- Download fresh WordPress
- Copy WP files into root dir of subdomain, (delete config.php file)
- Enter db name, user and db user password
- Run install
- Enter site title, WP Admin user, WP password, email, run install
- Login to WP backend
Install WordPress Theme
- If large theme like Avada, fastest to install in WP backend
- If using cheap godaddy shared server, it wont install large theme so ftp it
(but it takes about 15 minutes to load)
Access the Domains tab
- Login to your Control Panel
- Click the Domains tab.
- Under Shortcuts click the link “Assign a domain to your Control Panel account”.
Assigning the Domain Name
- Choose if you will assign a domain name already associated with your account, or assign a new domain name to your account.
- If you are assigning a new domain you must verify ownership of the domain name, there are three ways this can be done:
- Name Servers: Update your Name Servers to ns1.BlueHost.com and ns2.BlueHost.com.
- Create HTML Page: Create an HTML page on your existing host containing the text provided.
- EPP Code: This will not transfer your domain name, but use the EPP code to verify ownership.
- Choose Addon vs. Parked
- Addon Domain: An Addon domain name will function as its own separate domain name or website.
- Parked Domain: A Parked domain name will load the same the site located in your public_html, your main domain name.
- If you selected Addon domain, choose the folder in your account that the domain will point to.
- Choose a Subdomain. The subdomain is only used by the Control Panel for the domain assignment. You will still access your domain name directly.
- Click the “Add Domain” button at the bottom of the page to assign the domain.
- Once complete you should see the domain is listed in the Domains tab.
“Mark Lovett is wonderful to work with! I am a graphic designer with limited web experience, so when I needed a website for my own firm, I turned to Mark for help. He enthusiastically agreed to work with me—he did all the setup and technical work, but at the same time, we sat together and he taught me how to get in the back end and do some things myself. He was patient and had a great sense of humor as I tried to grasp this foreign language!
I would highly recommend Mark for organizations who need him to handle EVERY aspect of their website, as well as for others, like me, who need help, but also want to be able to change things themselves. Thanks to Mark, I now have a website I am extremely proud of. In addition, he made it happen quickly, which to me was imperative. Bravo Mark and many thanks!”
Dovetail Design Studio